Horses are trickle feeders, which mean they would naturally spend 75% of their time eating. This ensures that their digestive system works at its best but sometimes daily routine or weight issues may result in their diet being restricted, and your horse not getting to snack as much as they would like!
Vitamunch Marvellous Meadow is a high quality, 1kg formed block of Timothy grass enriched with essential vitamins and minerals together with added horse-favourite herbs which they will naturally seek out when in the field – red clover and nettle. Vitamunch blocks are a fantastic way of keeping your horse occupied, happy and quiet in a number of scenarios:
- In stressful times such as loading, travelling, separation from companions and clipping
- A snack between meals if your horse’s grazing has to be restricted
The low sugar content of Vitamunch makes them an ideal snack or boredom breaker for horses or ponies prone to laminitis or obesity, and the airtight packaging not only means that they last for a year, but also maintains that ‘just harvested’ smell and freshness. In fact, Nine out of ten horses prefer a Vitamunch block to their usual hay and haylage!
Ways to feed Vitamunch
Vitamunch blocks are a great way of helping your horse with their daily fibre intake, and can be fed in a number of ways to both extend your horse’s eating time, and keep them entertained:
- Can be fed wet or dry
- Can be fed in the stable, field or when travelling
- Feed in our specially designed Munch Net
- Place Vitamunch in the middle of a full haynet for an added surprise for your horse!