- Provides Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCL) - backed by research
- Also provides MSM and Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Contains key antioxidants Boswellia and Vitamin C
- Great value joint and mobility support for all horses and ponies
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
Kentucky Liquid Joint supplement provides key nutrients and ingredients to help support joint health and mobility in horses and ponies in light to moderate work, as well as comfort and support to help prevent stiffness in older horses and ponies.
Joint disease, especially wear and tear of the cartilage which covers the articular surfaces of joints is one of the most common causes of lameness, stiffness and reduced mobility in horses and ponies. It is often seen in older horses, but can affect those in lighter work, as well those with a more strenuous training and competition programme.
In a healthy joint, cartilage is continuously undergoing repair to micro-damage, but as cartilage doesn’t have its own blood supply, it relies on the bone underneath and the synovial or joint fluid bathing the joint to supply nutrients and key compounds to complete these repairs. As the horse ages, as well as the daily impact of work, the ability of the underlying bone and synovial fluid to provide these nutrients may not be enough to keep up the rate of repair needed, and damage, with the resulting pain and lameness become evident.
It then becomes important that the horse receives a dietary supply of these key nutrients to maintain the rate of repair to ensure the cartilage and joint fluid retain their elasticity and shock-absorbing properties to support joint health, comfort and mobility.
What are the benefits of Kentucky Liquid Joint Supplement?
Glucosamine is one of the key compounds in supporting joint health, and has 3 important roles:
- To stimulate the production of the proteoglycans which help produce the strong, elastic, shock absorbing properties of the collagen matrix in the cartilage
- To help reduce the degradation of cartilage
- It has antioxidant properties and helps promote a normal inflammatory response.
MSM helps to promote a normal inflammatory response.
Hyaluronic Acid is important in maintaining the viscosity and elastic shock absorbing properties of joint fluid
Collagen is an important compound, producing the structural framework of cartilage, helping to give it strength and elasticity and provide shock absorption. We are proud to confirm that we use a sustainable and ethically produced form of marine collagen.
Vitamin C is one of the most important antioxidant vitamins, helping to scavenge free radicals and reduce oxidative damage in joints.
Boswellia also provides antioxidants and other important phytochemicals (plant -derived compounds) to support a normal inflammatory response.
Kentucky Liquid Joint Supplement provides these key nutrients to provide nutritional support for both cartilage repair, and to help maintain healthy joint fluid to lubricate and nourish the joint, supporting joint health and comfort, and reducing stiffness.
Available in 1L Solution (up to 2 months supply).
I like Equine America products